6.1 C
Sunday, December 3, 2023

Sushant Singh Rajput Death: Centre Informs Supreme Court Case Will Be Transferred to CBI

According to media reports, the investigation in the Sushant Singh Rajput death case has been handed over to the CBI, the Centre told Supreme Court today.

Solicitor General Tushar Mehta, who is representing the Union of India in the case, explained that the Bihar Government’s recommendation has been accepted by the Centre.

The investigation into the Sushant death case has been transferred to the CBI and Senior advocate Mukul Rohtagi for Bihar Government said that they welcomed the decision.

At the Supreme Court hearing, Sushant’s family lawyer Vikas Singh said that the evidence is being tampered with by Mumbai Police.

He also stated that the Mumbai Police must cooperate with Bihar Police.

Meanwhile, the lawyer for Maharashtra Government, R Basant, said that the allegations against the Mumbai Police are politically motivated and that the Bihar Police have no jurisdiction to register an FIR.

He further said that there has been no FIR filed in Mumbai till now. He also said that the Bihar Police has no right to sit in judgement of Mumbai Police’s investigation.

The Supreme Court said that the Mumbai Police has registered a case of unnatural death and the FIR in Patna has raised other issues as well.

Furthermore, the Supreme Court also said that the case has hogged too much of media time and attention, and the quarantining of police personnel does not send a good message.

SG Tushar Mehta also said that whether the Bihar Police or Mumbai Police are doing a good job is not important anymore. The evidence should not be destroyed.

The Supreme Court has asked Maharashtra Government, Bihar Government, the Centre and Sushant Singh Rajput’s family to file their replies within three days.

The Maharashtra Government has also been asked to file a report on the state of their investigation. The next hearing in the case will be held next week.

Regarding developments in the case, Rhea Chakraborty’s lawyer, Satish Maneshinde said, “The Petition in the SC will be heard next week.

All concerned have to file their replies in the meantime. State of Maharashtra is directed to place all the investigation steps taken in the case before the SC.

We are satisfied with the outcome of the hearing. In view of the pendency of the proceedings in SC, Rhea or anyone on her behalf will refrain from making any comments in the case.”

The transfer of investigation to the Supreme Court was recommended by Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday morning. 

As such, he tweeted: “The state government has sent its recommendation for a CBI probe into the FIR registered by Sushant Singh Rajput’s father KK Singh.”

Seeking a CBI probe into the matter, the notification issued by Bihar Government read as:

“The Governor of Bihar is pleased to accord his consent to exercise of powers and jurisdiction to the whole of Bihar and other places related to the case to the members of Delhi Special Police Establishment to Investigative and enquire into the case related to the death of Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput.”

The governor of Bihar, Phagu Chauhan, had also consented to a CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) probe into Sushant Singh Rajput’s death case on Tuesday evening.

He also suggested that the CBI should further investigate, supervise and inquire into the case registered in Patna by Sushant Singh Rajput’s father KK Singh.

How the inquest began

 On July 28, an FIR was registered against Rhea Chakraborty on the basis of a complaint filed by Sushant Singh Rajput’s father, KK Singh on July 25.

In his complaint, he had alleged that Rhea had instigated Sushant Singh Rajput to end his life.

Meanwhile, Sushant Singh Rajput’s father recently met Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.

He also released a video saying his family informed Mumbai Police on February 25 that Sushant’s life was in danger.

They also released WhatsApp chats sent to Mumbai Police informing that the actor’s life was in danger.

Rajput’s friend and flatmate, Siddharth Pithani, also released WhatsApp messages from the actor’s brother-in-law that were sent to him in February 2020 itself.

The messages revealed that Sushant’s family wasn’t happy with the company he was keeping.

In fact, the messages were sent to Pithani’s number as Sushant’s family couldn’t get in touch with the actor.

Mumbai Police also released a statement clarifying that no written complaint was filed by Sushant Singh Rajput’s family in February 2020. The statement read:

“Today, Sh KK Singh, Father of late Sh Sushant Singh Rajput has released a statement saying that the family had made a written complaint to Bandra Police on 25th February.

It must be clarified that no such written complaint has been addressed to Bandra Police Station on that date.

However, one Shri. OP Singh IPS the brother in law of the late Sushant, had sent some WhatsApp messages to the then DCP Zone 9 regarding this matter.

The then DCP Zone 9 had called Sh OP Singh and requested him that a written complaint is mandatory for any enquiry or action.

However, Mr Singh wanted this to be resolved informally, to which the then DCP Zone 9 clearly told him that it was not possible.”

The Chhichhore actor was found dead in his Bandra apartment in Mumbai on June 14 and it was alleged that he committed suicide by hanging, although he was found lying in his bed. 

Further updates to follow.

Related Articles


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Join Us

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles