Sushant Singh Rajput Death Case Transferred to CBI

Supreme Court has ordered the CBI investigation in Sushant Singh Rajput death case.

ANI confirmed the report by tweeting, “Supreme Court orders CBI investigation in #SushantSinghRajput death case”.

At 11 am on August 19, 2020, SC began pronouncing a verdict on Rhea Chakraborty’s petition seeking transfer of investigation late actor’s death case from Patna in Bihar to Mumbai.

Now the apex court has said, “FIR registered at Patna was correct. The state of Maharashtra refused the option to challenge the order.”

The SC asks Mumbai Police to hand over all evidence collected so far in the case to CBI.

The state of Maharashtra refused the option to challenge the order, the Apex Court judge said.

SC ensured that there was no confusion about CBI being a sole authority to probe the mystery behind Rajput’s suicidal death and that no other state police could interfere with it.

Since Bihar police registered a full-fledged FIR which already stands referred to CBI, the central agency should probe the case, it said.

Earlier today Anil Deshmukh, Home Minister of Maharashtra stated, “We will decide the way forward after the Supreme Court verdict today.”

While Bihar Police Associate President, Mritunjay Singh said, “We all are waiting for justice from SC (on Rhea Chakraborty’s petition seeking transfer of probe from Patna to Mumbai).

The entire country knows how much effort Mumbai police was putting. Bihar police stand with justice”.

When asked to Bihar Minister and JDU leader Sanjay Jha, he went on to say:

“What appears is that the Mumbai Police was trying to close the case.

It is only after Sushant’s family filed an FIR, a serious probe started. We’ll ensure that the family gets justice.”

Meanwhile, Bihar Director General of Police (DGP) Gupteshwar Pandey informed:

“The whole country is awaiting the Supreme Court`s verdict. I, from the very beginning, felt that he (Rajput) will get justice.”

The CBI had registered an FIR against Chakraborty and others in connection with the actor’s death after the Centre accepted the Bihar government`s recommendation to transfer the probe in the matter from Patna.

Meanwhile, Sushant’s family has hailed the Supreme Court’s decision of the CBI probe in the late actor’s death case.

They said that this is not the time for celebration, but it is a matter of satisfaction that after two months now the case is seen going in the right direction.

May truth and justice prevail.

1 Trackback / Pingback

  1. Deepika, Sara, Shraddha & Rakulpreet To Be Summoned By Narcotics Control Bureau | Filme Shilmy

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.